About Me

My photo
I'm a husband, a dad, a son, a grandson, a pastor, & now a grandpa, too! Those are the basic hats I wear in my daily life. I was born & raised in rural Pennsylvania couple of miles from the New York border in a small town, Shinglehouse (Potter County). I struggle with my weight & my own quirks just like everyone else does. I became a United Methodist pastor in 1996 and was ordained in 2003. While I'm officially Methodist, I also consider myself a “charismatic” Christian, as well as an “evangelical”, although not everything identified with either of those labels fits me perfectly. I enjoy genealogy but seldom have time to do much with it. I like playing with eBay. I like to read, watch movies, camp, hike, and talk. I LOVE to write, but usually don't worry too much about formal grammar... instead choosing to write as I probably would speak. And even though I can spell pretty well, I'm a lousy typist, so be gracious. I update my blogs as often as I can, but I have a real life that demands me NOT being at the computer all the time... so there are dry spells!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

1892 Kane Directory

One of the neatest things I discovered a few years back in the Kane, PA library was a series of city directories. At the time I was exploring my wife's ancestors with the last names of BURROWS, CLARK, DIPPO, HOKE, & HOUSLER. Here are my notes on people with those last names that I discovered in the 1892 Kane Directory. Information appears in this order:

page #, last name, first name, occupation, address

p. 79, Clark, A.D.,  bank cashier, 216 Greeves
p. 79, Clark, Mrs. A.D., 216 Greeves
p. 79, Clark, Harold, 216 Greeves
p. 79, Clark, Mrs. M., 216 Greeves
p. 79, Clark, Evelyn, bds, 415 Haines
p. 79, Clark, D.S., bookkeeper, 77 Fraley


                I'll add more years (1908, 1912, 1914-15, 1918-1919, 1921-22, 1924, 1928) over the upcoming days and weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment